How to check if your website or wordpress blog is banned by Google.
There are many times when you question this “is my website banned by google?” to your self.
It happened to me too a few months ago, when all of sudden, one of my blog post was disappeared from search result.
Is my Website banned by Google? -The signs:
1. Your site has been indexed so far, but suddenly, it is deindexed.
First sign to be banned by Google, but it can be just a temporary, example if your site is new, it is very normal to have the indexed pages disappear and reappear again.
To check your indexed pages, type:
site:yourdomain.com in Google search box.
2. Your traffics from Google search engine drop terribly.
Google is not the only search engine on the web, but it plays big role on bringing traffics. If your traffic decrease, do some checking in Google webmaster tool account.
Find more infos how to submit our sites in Google webmaster tool.
3. Your site has no more caches.
Google stores any website’s information and datas from the past in cache. If your blog doesn’t have cache, then it is possible to be banned by Google.
It should show the cache page, and the date when the last time it was cached.
Is my website banned by Google? -How to avoid:
1. Be careful with using redirects, especially if you have affiliate links in your website or blog.
If you have lots of them, put “no-follow” link, so Google won’t follow those redirected affiliate links.
You can also control it with robots.txt file if you have specific directory for this redirections.
2. Avoid linking your sites to the other sites which still belong to you, especially if they do have same IPs.
Example, you have multiple blogs in one IP, do not interlinking them, because Google know that those sites are from the same Ip. It is like spamming the web.
3. Try not to build links extremely much per day. Keep it natural.
That was my opinion about the common question: is my website banned by Google?.