How to put a post or more to stay in wordpress “home” or front page. It is called sticky posts.
Sticky post in wordpress is very useful, especially if you want to display specific post to always stay in the top above all your other posts.
Specific style applies for sticky posts in Twenty Ten (see image below);
Here is how we create sticky posts with wordpress 3.0.1 theme Twenty Ten tutorial.
1. Create your post, if you use AIO, here is a post how to optimize your post title with All in Seo plugin.
2. In the right side of your screen you will see “publish” box.
3. In the visibility:public line, you will see “Edit” link button, click it.
4. Once you click that button, it will show you three options, public, password protected and private. Below the public option, tick “Stick the post to the front page.
5. Click publish and you are done. If you are editing it, then just click “update”.
If you are using other themes, and not Twenty Ten, it differs from one to another. Sometimes they are not stylized by the theme creator, sometimes they are. So it really depends on your theme CSS file.